This traditional Andhra Paruppu Podi is best served with cooked rice and ghee.
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tblsp
Dry Red Chillies – 15 to 20
Dried Curry Leaves – handful
Asafoetida – little
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast the toor dal, bengal gram dal and cumin seeds, separately, for a minute or two.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the curry leaves and red chillies for a minute.
4. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
5. Grind all the ingredients together to a smooth powder.
6. Store it in an airtight container.
Tip: You can also add 4 to 5 garlic cloves if desired.
Andhra Paruppu Podi,