Maida – 2 cups
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
Vanaspathi – 1 1/2 cup
Elaichi – 2 tblsp
Tutti Frutti – 30 gms
Cherry – 30 gms
Cashewnuts – 30 gms
1. In a big plate mix maida and powdered sugar.
2. Add elaichi and vanaspati.
3. Mix the dough, using your finger tips, nicely without lumps.
4. Keep aside.
5. Cut the cherries and cashewnuts finely into small pieces.
6. In a greased plate, sprinkle some maida.
7. Spread half of the dough evenly using a spatula.
8. Sprinkle some of the tutti frutti, cashewnuts and cherries on top.
9. Then add another layer of the dough and spread evenly.
10. Sprinkle the remaining tutti frutti, cashewnuts and cherries.
11. Cut the dough into large pieces, flatten it using your hand and keep it in an another plate.
12. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes.
13. Put the biscuit pieces in another greased plate and keep it in the oven at 150C for 20 minutes.
14. Remove and allow it to cool before storing it in an airtight container.
15. These biscuits will stay good for almost a month.
Note: The ratio of maida, powdered sugar and vanaspati should be 2:1:1 1/2. If you would like to make more biscuits, increase the ingredients according to this ratio.
Karachi Biscuit (Hyderabadi Biscuit) Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Karachi Biscuit (Hyderabadi Biscuit) from Awesome Cuisine.