Whole Wheat Flour – 1 kg
Salt – 1 tsp
Ghee – 125 gms
For the Filling:
Chana Dal – 400 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Pepper – 1/4 tsp
1. Sieve flour and salt together.
2. Rub in ghee and add enough water to make a soft, non sticky dough.
3. Knead thoroughly.
4. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 60 minutes.
5. Cook chana dal till tender and dry.
6. Mash thoroughly.
7. Add salt and pepper.
8. Divide the dough into equal portions.
9. Roll into balls and flatten to a small circle.
10. Put a little dal into the centre, fold over to close.
11. Make chapatis using your hands.
12. Heat a tawa and cook the chapatis on it.
13. Serve with side dish of choice.