Tinda (Baby Pumpkin) – 1/2 kg
Salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Aniseed – 1 tsp, powdered
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp, powdered
Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sultanas – 15
Ghee – 100 gms
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Peel the baby pumpkins and cut a slice off the stalk end.
2. Carefully scoop out the pulp, keeping the tindas whole.
3. Chop the pulp and mix it with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, aniseed, coriander seeds, amchur powder and sultanas.
4. Stuff the tindas with this mixture.
5. Heat ghee in a pan.
6. Fry the asafoetida and cumin seeds for 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Place the stuffed tindas in a single layer.
9. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes till tender.
10. Remove and serve.
Bharwa Tinda Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Bharwa Tinda from Awesome Cuisine.