Wax Gourd (Parval) – 1/2 kg
Salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp, powdered
Aniseed – 1 tsp, powdered
Amchoor Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Curd – 1 tblsp
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Scrape parval and make a slit along the length.
2. Mix salt, turmeric powder, red chilli, coriander seeds, aniseeds, amchoor powder, coconut and curd.
3. Stuff the gourd with the mixture.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and fry asafoetida and cumin for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add parval and 1/3 cup of water.
6. Cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes till the wax gourd is tender.
7. Serve hot with plain rice.
Stuffed Wax Gourd Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Stuffed Wax Gourd from Awesome Cuisine.