Ginger – 1 cup
Garlic – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 8
Salt as per taste
Jaggery – 2 to 3 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Grind the ginger, garlic and red chillies to a paste.
2. Heat gingelly oil in a pan.
3. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder.
4. Add the ginger-garlic-red chillies paste.
5. Let it simmer for some time.
6. Add salt and simmer for 30 seconds.
7. Add the powdered jaggery.
8. Fry for another few minutes and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with plain rice or with idli or dosa.
Ginger Garlic Thokku Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Ginger Garlic Thokku from Awesome Cuisine.