Potato – 250 gms
Beans – 100 gms
Carrot – 2
Green Peas – 50 gms
Ginger – a small piece, chopped
Green Chilli – 4, chopped
Onion – 1/2 cup
Curry Leaves – 2 tsp, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp, chopped
Bengal Gram Flour – 200 gms
Rice Flour – 100 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cashewnuts – 6
Ghee – 2 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
Salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes, peel off skin and mash them.
2. Boil the green peas separately.
3. Cut all the vegetables into small pieces and boil them in a pressure cooker.
4. Add all the vegetables along with salt and turmeric powder.
5. Squeeze lemon juice and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and chopped onion.
7. Fry them until brown.
8. Add this with the potato-vegetable mixture.
9. Prepare small balls.
10. Mix bengal gram flour, rice flour, salt and chilli powder with enough water to make a thick mixture.
11. Dip the potato balls in the mixture and deep fry in oil until crisp and brown.
12. Serve hot with chutney and sambar.
Vegetable Bonda Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Vegetable Bonda from Awesome Cuisine.