Maida – 2 cups
Fine Chiroti Rawa – 1 tblsp
Saffron – few strands
Rose Water – 1 tsp
Kismis – 1 tblsp
Milk Powder – 1 tsp
Fresh Thick Curds – 1/4 cup
Ghee to deep fry
For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 3/4 cup
1. Mix maida, milk powder and rawa together.
2. Heat saffron over a hot bowl and then crush it.
3. Whip curds and mix with flour to form a dough.
4. Keep covered for 30 minutes.
5. Make small lemon sized balls with a kismis inside.
6. Deep fry few balls at a time in moderate hot ghee till golden brown.
7. Prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency.
8. Add crushed saffron to this.
9. Add fried jamuns to hot syrup.
10. Take out from syrup after 60 minutes and keep on a flat plate.
11. Sprinkle rose water to top.
Dry Jamun Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Dry Jamun from Awesome Cuisine.