Boneless Fish – 250 gms
Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Mustard Powder – 1 tsp
Nutmeg – 1/2 tsp, grated
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Mint – 1 sprig
Tomato – 1
1. Clean the fish and wash it.
2. Drain thoroughly.
3. Place the fish in a pan over high heat with just enough water to cover.
4. Boil until the fish is tender.
5. Drain the fish and mash it.
6. Mix the breadcrumbs with the milk.
7. Add the salt, pepper, mustard powder and nutmeg.
8. Mix well.
9. Add the fish and mix until it is well blended.
10. Grease a rectangular baking dish and pour half the fish paste into it.
11. Sprinkle half the cheese over the mixture.
12. Spread the mint leaves on top.
13. Slice the tomato and arrange it over the mixture.
14. Spread the remaining fish paste over this.
15. Preheat the oven to 180C.
16. Place the fish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until it is firm.
17. Remove the fish from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
18. Return it to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes longer until the cheese melts and is golden brown.
19. Serve hot with bread or garlic toast.
Fish Terrine Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Fish Terrine from Awesome Cuisine.