Potatoes - 4
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
A few strands of saffron
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Heat the ghee in a thick kadai.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and stir fry on a low flame.
4. Keep stirring continuously.
5. When the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the sugar and milk.
6. Cook on a low flame until the sugar melts.
7. Dissolve the saffron in a little milk.
8. Add to the halwa along with the cardamom powder.
9. Mix well.
10. Serve hot.