Lamb – 1 kg
Onions – 1/2 cup, sliced
Clarified Butter – 1/2 cup
Salt – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Garlic Paste – 4 tsp
Raw Papaya Paste – 1 tsp
Charcoal Pieces – 3 to 4, live
Cloves – 5
Clarified Butter – 5 tbsp
1. Cut the lamb into small cubes.
2. Clean and keep aside.
3. Flatten each piece with a steak hammer.
4. Fry the sliced onions in clarified butter.
5. Drain excess clarified butter and blend to make a paste.
6. Mix the paste with salt, red chilli powder, garlic paste and raw papaya paste.
7. Apply evenly over the pieces.
8. Put the lamb pieces in a bowl, leaving an open space in the centre.
9. Place a small bowl in the centre, put the live charcoal pieces in the bowl along with cloves and clarified butter.
10. Cover and seal the lid. Keep aside for 1 hour.
11. Skewer the pieces and cook on an open spit fire till completely done.
12. Remove and serve hot.