New Potatoes – 1 kg
Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
Tomato Paste (Puree) – 4 tblsp
Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
Red Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Dried Red Chillies – 2 to 3, chopped
Hot Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper as required
Parsley Leaves to garnish
1. Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender.
2. Drain well and leave to cool, then cut in half and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes on medium heat, until softened.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, vinegar, salt, chilli flakes and chilli powders.
5. Simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat.
6. Now add the potatoes and mix into the sauce.
7. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper.
9. Transfer to a serving dish.
10. Garnish with a parsley sprig before serving.