Refined Flour – 1 3/4 cups
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Castor Sugar – 3 tbsp
Milk/ Coconut Milk – 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil for Deep Frying
1. Sift the flour and salt together.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar till thick and foamy.
3. Stir in the milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour, gradually stirring well to make a smooth, thin batter.
5. Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Heat the oil well.
7. Rest the waffle iron (mould) in the hot oil for 2 minutes to heat.
8. Remove and dip immediately into the batter, making sure that the batter coats only the bottom and the sides of the mould and does not go over the top.
9. Transfer immediately to the hot oil.
10. Hold the iron in the oil till the waffle is golden brown and loosens easily.
11. Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
12. Continue till all the batter is over, heating the mould for a few seconds in the oil before dipping into the batter each time.
13. Cool and store in an airtight container.