Chicken Breasts – 8 pieces, skinned
Clarified Butter – 1/2 cup
Almonds – 5 tsp, sliced
Ginger Paste – 3 1/2 tbsp
Yogurt – 1 1/2 cups, hung
Garlic Paste – 3 1/3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Green cardamoms – 10
Onions – 1/2 cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 1 1/2 cups
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Flour – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 10
Chicken Stock – 5 cups
Mace Powder – 1/2 tsp
Saffron – a pinch, dissolved in 15 ml of milk
Green Coriander – 4 tsp
1. Brown the almonds in 1 tbsp of clarified butter.
2. Clean and flatten the chicken breasts till about 3 cm thick.
3. Rub the ginger paste over the chicken breasts.
4. Whisk the yoghurt in a large bowl, add garlic paste and salt.
5. Rub this mixture on the chicken and keep aside for 1 hour.
6. Heat half the clarified butter on a griddle.
7. Place the chicken breasts on it and cook, turning over once, until half done.
8. Remove and keep aside.
9. Add the remaining clarified butter to the pan and saute green cardamoms and cloves till they crackle.
10. Then add onions and cook till brown.
11. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, flour, black pepper, cloves and chicken stock.
12. Cook until the gravy becomes rich and thick.
13. Place the chicken breasts in the gravy and cook, turning it over gently, for another 10 minutes.
14. Add the mace powder and the saffron dissolved in warm milk.
15. Serve, garnished with the fried almonds and green coriander.
Murgh Badam Pasanda Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Murgh Badam Pasanda from Awesome Cuisine.