Chicken – 800 gms, boneless, cut into pieces
Saffron – a pinch
Oil – 5 tbsp
Onions – 1/2 cup, sliced
Garlic – 2 tbsp, chopped
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Cloves – 10
Green Cardamoms – 4
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 1/4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Yellow Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Chicken Stock – 2 1/2 cups
1. Soak saffron in a spoonful of water for 10 minutes.
2. Crush and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan.
4. Add chopped garlic, saute till brown.
5. Add onions and saute till light brown.
6. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
7. Add the ginger garlic paste, chicken, salt and yellow chilli powder.
8. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
10. Cover and simmer till the chicken is tender.
11. Remove from fire.
12. Take out the chicken pieces and strain the gravy into pot through a soup strainer.
13. Cook the gravy till it becomes sauce-like.
14. Add the chicken pieces and cook for a minute.
15. Stir in the saffron.
16. Serve hot.
Chicken Handi Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chicken Handi from Awesome Cuisine.