Prawns – 2 cups, chopped and peeled
Papads – 2, large
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp plus some more for deep frying
Onions – 2, medium, chopped
Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Tomato Ketchup – 3 tblsp
Egg – 1, beaten
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the prawns in a mixture of salt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and lime juice for 10 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a pan and saute the onions till they change colour.
3. Add the prawns, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
4. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomato ketchup, half a cup of water and cook till the water evaporates.
6. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
7. Place each papad on a flat surface and brush with beaten egg.
8. Place half the cooked prawns horizontally on one half of the papad and roll the papad up tightly to enclose the filling.
9. Press the edges of the papad to seal the ends.
10. Deep fry the papads till crisp.
11. Cut into pieces while hot.
12. Serve with tomato sauce.