Onions – 1/2 cup, finely sliced
Tomatoes – 2 cups, chopped
Potatoes – 2 cups, julienned
Turmeric Powder – 3/4 tsp
Baby Brinjals – 2 cups, sliced
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, ground
Oil – 4 tblsp
Cinnamon Sticks – 3 one inch pieces
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot add the cinnamon sticks and cumin seeds.
3. Fry till the seeds are golden brown.
4. Add onions and tomatoes to the pan.
5. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
6. Add the potatoes and turmeric powder.
7. Mix well and stir-fry over medium heat for 4 minutes till the potatoes are half cooked.
8. Add the brinjals and mix well.
9. Sprinkle in the red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt.
10. Stir well and add about 1/2 cup of water.
11. Cover pan and cook over low heat till vegetables are tender.
12. Add coconut and mix well.
13. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Kathirikai Urulaikilangu Poriyal (Brinjal Potato Fry) Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kathirikai Urulaikilangu Poriyal (Brinjal Potato Fry) from Awesome Cuisine.