Basmati Rice – 1 cup, cooked and set aside to cool
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely sliced
Mushrooms – 3 cups, sliced
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Put the ghee and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
3. After a few seconds add the onions and saute for a 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the mushrooms and saute for a few minutes over medium heat till mushrooms are brown and aromatic.
5. Add the cooked rice and blend gently.
6. Sprinkle in black pepper, cumin powder and salt.
7. Toss gently to blend and serve.