Pitted Black Cherries in Syrup – 425 gms
Cornflour – 1 tblsp
Double Chocolate Cookies – 125 gms
Cadbury Flakes – 2
Plain Chocolate – 200 gms, broken into pieces
Double Cream – 450 ml
Icing Sugar – 2 tblsp
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Greek Yogurt – 200 gms
Caramelized Cherries – to decorate (optional)
1.Drain the cherries, reserving the syrup.
2. Blend a little of the syrup with the cornflour in a small saucepan.
3. Stir in the remaining syrup and bring to the boil, stirring until thickened.
4. Cook gently for a minute.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the cherries and leave to cool.
6. Put the chocolate cookies into a plastic bag and tap them gently into small pieces.
7. Crumble the cadbury flakes into chunky pieces.
8. Melt the plain chocolate with 75 ml of the cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
9. Stir gently until smooth then leave to cool slightly.
10. Whip the remaining cream in a bowl with icing sugar, vanilla essence and yogurt until the cream just starts to hold its shape.
11. Stir in half the plain chocolate mixture.
12. Gently fold in the pieces of chocolate cookie and flake.
13. Place spoonfuls of the remaining chocolate mixture and the cherries in syrup over the cream mixture.
14. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold all the ingredients together until combined.
15. Turn into a freezer container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
16. Transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to soften.
17. Spoon into bowls and decorate with caramelized cherries.
Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream from Awesome Cuisine.