Prawns – 12, deveined, shelled
Fennel Seeds – 2 tsp, broiled, pounded (+ 5 tsp, chopped)
Garlic – 2 tsp, chopped
Green Chillies – 5, chopped
Onion Paste – 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cream – 1/2 cup
Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 tsp, chopped
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. Saute the fennel seeds for a few seconds.
3. Add garlic, green chillies and onion paste.
4. Stir fry for few minutes.
5. Mix in all the ingredients and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Place the prawns in an oven proof dish.
8. Pour the prepared mixture on top.
9. Cover the dish tightly and cook in a preheated (175C/350F) oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven.
11. Transfer into a serving platter and serve immediately accompanied by steamed rice.
Fennel Flavoured Prawns Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Fennel Flavoured Prawns from Awesome Cuisine.