Extra Long-Grained Rice (Pachai Arisi) – 1 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
Fresh Coconut – 3/4 cup, ground
Jaggery – 1 1/2 to 2 cups, grated
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash both rice and dal and soak them with the fenugreek seeds in enough water to cover for 2 hours.
2. Drain completely.
3. Grind the mix with 1 cup of water in a blender to make a smooth and thick batter.
4. Add cardamom, coconut and jaggery to the batter.
5. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Mix the batter well. Ensure it has the dosai batter consistency.
7. Place oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
8. When the oil is hot, slowly pour in a small ladle of batter.
9. When the kandarappam rises to the top turn it over.
10. Remove it from the pan after about 10 seconds.
11. It should be brown and crisp on both sides.
12. Make the remaining kandarappam in the same way and serve hot.
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kandarappam from Awesome Cuisine.