Soya Beans – 1 cup
Whole White Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Green Chillies – 5
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Whipped Thick Curd – 1 litre
Mix together finely chopped cashewnut, almonds and pista – as required
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Cumin Seed Powder – 1 tsp, roasted
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Salt – as per taste
Fried Bhoondi – as required
Sweet Dates Chutney – as per taste
1. Soak soya over night in water.
2. Soak urad dal in the morning for 30 minutes.
3. In a grinder, grind ginger, green chillies, urad dal and soya beans to a frothy consistency.
4. When it is half ground add salt.
5. Sprinkle little water in between and grind to a frothy batter. Ensure it is not very watery.
6. In a wide basin, take whipped curd, salt, 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well.
7. Heat oil in a big kadai.
8. Prepare orange sized balls from the batter.
9. Pat on a wet cloth like vadai.
10. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of mixed nuts on top.
11. Lift the wet cloth lightly and fold it into two, so that patted vadai batter gets folded.
12. Fold into semicircle shape with the filling inside.
13. Take out the cloth carefully, using finger tips and transfer to hot oil.
14. Deep fry until golden brown in colour.
15. Boil water in a vessel and switch off the stove.
16. Add the deep fried vada in the water and take it out immediately.
17. Put in in the whipped curd.
18. Repeat for all the vadas.
19. Soak the vada in curd for 2 hours.
20. While serving sprinkle jeera powder, black salt and chilli powder.
21. Serve with coriander leaves, bhoondi and sweet dates chutney sprinkled on top.
Soya Curd Vadai Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Soya Curd Vadai from Awesome Cuisine.