Bengal Gram - 1 1/4 cups, soaked for 3-4 hours
Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
Black Peppercorns - 6 to 8
Ginger - 2 tsp, chopped
Green Coriander - 1 tbsp, chopped
Green Chillies - 2, chopped
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Drain the Bengal gram and then blend with coriander seeds and black peppercorns to a thick paste.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients (except oil) with the paste.
3. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. With moist palms, divide and shape the paste into 10cm flat patties.
5. Heat the oil in a kadai, fry the patties for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove and drain the excess oil on absorbent towels.
7. When cool, slice the patties into 3 to 4 strips.
8. Reheat the oil till smoking, lower the heat to medium and fry the strips till crisp and golden brown.
9. Drain the excess oil and serve hot with mint chutney.