Oil or Butter – 3 tblsp
Celery – 3/4 cup, finely chopped
Flour – 3 1/2 tblsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Stock – 4 cups
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cream – 1 1/2 tblsp
Paprika Powder – to taste
1. Heat the oil/butter in a large pot.
2. Add the chopped celery.
3. Saute for about 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for a minute or so.
4. Add the milk and stock all at once, stirring continuously.
5. Add the seasoning and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently until the celery is tender.
6. Divide the soup into bowls, put 1 tso of cream on top and sprinkle with paprika.