Mushrooms – 250 gms
Spring Onions – 75 gms
Salt and Pepper to taste
Water – 4 cups
Morels – 6
Oyster Mushrooms – 50 gms
Shitake Mushroom – 1
1. Chop the mushrooms.
2. Clean the spring onions, saving some of the tender inner green leaves for garnish, and chop the white bulbs.
3. Put the mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper in a large pan with water and bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer on gently heat for 1 hour or more.
5. Strain the mushroom consomme in a strainer lined with muslin and add 1 to 2 cups of water to compensate for the liquid that has evaporated while simmering.
6. Soak the morels in warm water until soft.
7. Drain and cut them into 3 to 4 pieces each.
8. Cut the oyster and shitake mushrooms into 3 to 4 pieces each.
9. Before serving, place the consomme in a pan, heat it again, adding the morels and the oyster and shitake mushrooms.
10. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then pour into bowls.
11. Garnish with the chopped spring onion greens and serve.
Mushroom Consomme Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mushroom Consomme from Awesome Cuisine.