Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, minced
Dried Red Chillies – 1 tsp, pounded
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a heavy based pan over moderate heat.
3. Add cumin seeds and ginger.
4. Stir for a few minutes.
5. Mix in mushrooms and capsicum.
6. Stir well and sprinkle in curry masala.
7. When the ingredients are well blended and before water released from mushroom dries out completely, drain rice and add to pan.
8. Stir till rice is translucent and water from the mushrooms dries up.
9. Mix in salt and 2 cups of water.
10. Cook rice for 10-15 minutes, till water is absorbed and rice is tender.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and dried red chillies.
12. Serve hot.