Tomatoes – 1kg, chopped
Dates – 1/4 cup, deseeded
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil.
2. Add the mustard seeds and dry red chillies.
3. Saute for a few seconds, till the mustard seeds crackle.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the sugar and salt.
6. Stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
7. Cook till the mixture obtains a thick consistency.
8. Mix in the dates in the end.
9. Serve after it cools.
Tip: When refrigerated this chutney can stay upto 2-3 days.