For the Batter:
Raw Rice – 2 cups
Idlie Rice – 2 cups
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Soya Beans – 1/4 cup
White Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Tuvar Dal – 1/4 cup
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
For the Masala:
Mini Soya Granules – 1/2 cup
Cauliflower – 1
Onions – 2
Tomatoes – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Fresh Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Roasted Gram – 1 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 7
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Dhania – 1 tsp
Cardamom Seeds – 3
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cloves – 3
Red Chillies – 3
Green Chillies – 5
Garlic – 3 flakes
1. To make the batter, soak both rice together with fenugreek seeds, soya beans, urad dal, tuvar dal for 5 hours.
2. Grind to a smooth dosa batter consistency.
3. Add salt at the end and allow to ferment until next day.
4. To make the masala, cut onions and tomatoes finely.
5. Separate cauliflower into small florets and put it in bot boiling water for 2 minutes to which little salt is added.
6. Strain the water completely.
7. Soak soya granules in very hot water for 10 minutes. Strain, squeeze and keep aside.
8. Heat oil in a kadai.
9. Add onions and fry until golden.
10. Add tomatoes and stir for few minutes.
11. Mix cauliflower and fry well.
12. Add ground paste, squeezed soya granules and stir constantly until masala gives good aroma.
13. Add salt.
14. Pour just enough water and boil until gravy turns thick.
15. To make the uttapam, take required quantity of masala in a plater and mix 1 or 2 tsp of maida with it.
16. Prepare thick uttapam using batter.
17. Spread masala on top.
18. Add little oil around the uttapam.
19. Turn over and cook properly on both sides.
20. Serve hot with chutney.
Soya Cauliflower Masala Uttapam Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Soya Cauliflower Masala Uttapam from Awesome Cuisine.