Chicken – 8 pieces
Oil – 4 tblsp
Onions – 500 gms, sliced
Bay Leaf – 2
Cinnamon Sticks – 2
Red Chillies – 2, broken into half
Cloves – 4
Peppercorns – 8
Cardamoms – 4
Black Cardamoms – 2
Salt to taste
Yogurt – 1 cup, whisked
Crisp Fried Onions – 2 tblsp
Spring Onion Leaves
1. Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan, add half the onions.
3. Saute on medium heat, stirring frequently, until they turn golden brown.
4. Stir in the bay leaf, cinnamon, red chillies, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and black cardamoms.
5. Add the chicken and the remaining onions and salt.
6. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the chicken is tender.
7. Saute to evaporate excess water.
8. Add the yogurt.
9. Cook for a few more minutes or until the gravy is thick.
10. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the fried onions and spring onion leaves.
Chicken Do Pyaza Recipe