Paneer – 350 gms, crumbled
Sugar – 3/4 cup, powdered
Saffron – 1 tsp, dissolved in tbsp water
Vetiver (Kewra) Essence – few drops
Lemon Essence – few drops
Silver Leaf – to garnish
1. Put the paneer and sugar in a shallow dish and rub it until the paneer looses its grainy texture.
2. Divide the mixture into 3 parts.
3. Spread one-third of the paneer on a serving dish and press it to make a firm layer.
4. Mix saffron and lemon essence into 1/3rd of the paneer to make it yellow in colour.
5. Spread this firmly over the white layer and then cover with the remaining white paneer, pressing it down firmly.
6. Chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
7. Cut into squares and garnish with silver leaf.
8. Serve chilled.
Paneer and Saffron Sandesh Recipe