For the Koftas:
Paneer – 1 cup, crumbled
Potatoes – 1 cup, boiled, peeled and mashed
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Chana Powder – 1 tblsp, roasted
Cornflour – 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cashew Nut Powder – 1 tblsp
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil to deep fry
For the Gravy:
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1/2 tsp, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 cup
Tomatoes – 1 cup, blanched and finely chopped
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tblsp
Water – 3 cups
Saffron (Zafran) – 1/2 tsp, dissolved in 1 tblsp milk
Cream – 1/2 cup, to garnish
Kofta Masala Mix – 1 1/2 tsp
1. To make kofta masala, mix together, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp shahi paneer masala.
2. Put the paneer in a bowl along with the rest of the kofta ingredients.
3. Knead to form a firm mixture and divide into walnut sized koftas/balls.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and deep-fry the koftas until they turn golden brown.
5. Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
6. Heat the oil in a kadai.
7. Add cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and saute till it begins to change colour.
8. Add the onion paste and saute until it browns.
9. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato sauce.
10. Season wtih kofta masala mix.
11. Add water. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
12. Stir in the saffron and cream.
13. Pour over the koftas, garnish with a swirl of cream.
14. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
15. Serve hot with parathas or rumali rotis.
Zafrani Paneer Kofta Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Zafrani Paneer Kofta from Awesome Cuisine.