White Bread – 8 slices
For the filling:
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, chopped
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Paneer – 1 cup, grated or cut into small pieces
American Corn – 1/2 cup, boiled
Peas – 1/2 cup, boiled
Potatoes – 1/2 cup, boiled and mashed
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cheese – 1 tblsp, grated
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the cumin seeds and green chillies, then add the onions and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the paneer, corn, peas, potatoes and coriander leaves.
4. Season with chaat masala, red chilli powder and salt and add the cheese.
5. Stir to make a firm mixture.
6. Cut off and discard the sides of the slices.
7. Moisten a slice with a little water and press it on the palm of your hand.
8. Put 1 tblsp of the filling on half the slice, fold over to close it and seal the open edge carefully, using a little water, to make a roll.
9. Heat the oil in a kadai, deep fry the bread rolls till golden brown.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Paneer Bread Rolls Recipe