Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Red Chillies – 3
Split Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Tamarind – small lemon-sized ball
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – as required, washed and clean
Onions – 2
Green chillies – 1
Beans – 7 or 8, finely sliced
Carrots – 1, finely chopped
Green peas – a few
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil for garnishing and sauteing
1. Cook rice to a consistency so that the grains do not stick.
2. Fry red chilies, one onion, curry leaves, coriander, urad dhal and tamarind.
3. Grind to a coarse paste.
4. Splutter cumin, mustard and then sauté one onion.
5. Cook green chilli, carrot, beans and peas, and add to the ground paste with salt and turmeric.
6. Cool and then mix rice with the above mixture.
7. Garnish the rice with cashews.
Karuveppilai Rice Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Karuveppilai Rice from Awesome Cuisine.