Rice Flakes – 2 cups
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 8, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, finely chopped
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Crush the rice flakes, soak in water for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Add coconut, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, asafoetida and required salt.
4. Knead well using your hand.
5. Divide into marble sized balls.
6. Flatten into 1/2 inch thick vadas on a plastic sheet.
7. Heat a dosa tawa.
8. Arrange 5 to 6 vadas on the tawa.
9. Pour a little oil around the vadas.
10. Keep covered with a lid on a reduced flame.
11. When the bottom is golden brown, turn over to the other side.
12. Cook till both sides are crisp.
13. Serve hot with chutney.
Aval Kola Vadai Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Aval Kola Vadai from Awesome Cuisine.