Fine Rice – 1 1/2 cups
Palak – 2 cups, chopped
Methi – 1/2 cup, chopped
Peas – 1/2 cup, boiled (optional)
Soft Fresh Paneer – 1/2 cup (optional)
Flour – 2 tblsp
Onion – 1, sliced thin
Ghee – 4 tblsp
Pepper Powder – a little
Salt to taste
Garam Masala – a pinch
Nuts – few fried (optional)
Grind to paste:
Green Chillies – 3 to 4
Garlic – 6 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Onion – 1 small
Bay Leaves – 2
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon Bits – Two 1/2 inch piece
Cardamoms – 3, small
Pepper Corns – 6
1. Wash rice, leave on a cloth to dry.
2. Cook palak and methi with very little water.
3. Cool and pass through a liquidiser.
4. Heat 1/2 of the ghee, fry sliced onions to dark brown, remove, set aside for garnish.
5. Crumble paneer, add a pinch of salt, little pepper and a pinch of garam masala.
6. Make small balls and roll in a little flour. Deep fry and set aside.
7. Pour rest of the ghee into cooker, add seasonings and when done add ground paste and fry.
8. Add palak puree, fry till ghee surfaces.
9. Add rice, stir fry for a couple of minutes.
10. Add 3 cups of boiling water, salt, cover and cook till done.
11. When about to serve, remove lid of cooker, mix in boiled peas, 3/4 of the fried paneer balls.
12. Transfer rice onto a rice plate, even out surface.
13. Garnish with the rest of the paneer balls, fried nuts and onions.
14. Serve hot with curds.
Palak Methi Pulao Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Palak Methi Pulao from Awesome Cuisine.