Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2, medium
Onion – 1, medium, sliced
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Ghee – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Grind to a fine paste:
Garlic – 3 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Onion – 1, medium
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash rice, spread on a cloth to dry.
2. Wash and cut potatoes into medium size pieces.
3. Heat half the ghee, fry sliced onions to dark brown and crisp, set aside for garnish.
4. Add potatoes, fry to a golden brown and remove.
5. Add rest of the ghee, add cumin seeds and when done, add ground masala along with chilli and coriander powders and fry till oil surfaces.
6. Add rice, garam masala, stir fry.
7. Add potatoes, 2 1/2 cups of water and salt.
8. Cook till done, preferably in a rice cooker.
9. Serve garnished with fried onions.
Aloo Tehri (Potato Pulao) Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Aloo Tehri (Potato Pulao) from Awesome Cuisine.