Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Onion – 1 medium, finely sliced
Ghee – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Almonds – a few, slivered
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Bay Leaves – 2
Cloves – 3 to 4
Cardamoms – 3, big
Cinnamon – 2 1/2 inch pieces
Green Chillies – 2 slit
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
1. Wash rice, leave on a cloth to dry.
2. Heat 2 tblsp ghee and fry the sliced onions crisp and brown.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. Fry slivered almonds and keep aside.
5. Pour 2 tblsp more ghee, add seasonings and when spices are done, add ginger and green chillies.
6. Fry for a minute and add rice.
7. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, add peas, salt, 2 1/2 cups of water and cook till done.
8. To serve, transfer rice onto a rice plate, even out surface, mix in fried onion and almonds.
9. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve with kurma.
Mutter Pulao Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mutter Pulao from Awesome Cuisine.