Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Onion – 1 medium, finely sliced
Ghee – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Almonds – a few, slivered
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Bay Leaves – 2
Cloves – 3 to 4
Cardamoms – 3, big
Cinnamon – 2 1/2 inch pieces
Green Chillies – 2 slit
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
1. Wash rice, leave on a cloth to dry.
2. Heat 2 tblsp ghee and fry the sliced onions crisp and brown.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. Fry slivered almonds and keep aside.
5. Pour 2 tblsp more ghee, add seasonings and when spices are done, add ginger and green chillies.
6. Fry for a minute and add rice.
7. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, add peas, salt, 2 1/2 cups of water and cook till done.
8. To serve, transfer rice onto a rice plate, even out surface, mix in fried onion and almonds.
9. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve with kurma.
Mutter Pulao Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mutter Pulao from Awesome Cuisine.