Bhindi – 1/4 kg
Tomatoes – 2
Onion – 1, chopped
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, slit
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut bhindi into two inch long pieces.
2. Heat half the oil, fry bhindi till golden brown.
3. Boil tomatoes in water till skin shrivels.
4. Discard water, cool, peel skin and mash. Set aside.
5. Heat rest of the oil, add cumin seeds.
6. When done, add green chillies and onion.
7. Fry till onion turns brown.
8. Add all the dry masalas one by one, except salt, continue to fry till oil surfaces.
9. Add tomato puree, half the chopped coriander leaves, simmer for a while till well blended, adding salt.
10. Now put in the fried bhindi, rest of the coriander leaves.
11. On low heat, cook for some more time.
12. Remove from fire and serve hot.