Jack Fruit – 1/2 kg
Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 6 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green Chillies – 3 to 4
Onion – 1, chopped
Mint – 1 tblsp, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Aniseeds – a pinch, crushed
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Gram Flour – a little
1. Soak dal for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Pressure cook jack fruit and dal along with salt.
3. Remove from cooker and cool.
4. Grind jack fruit and dal to a slightly rough paste with garlic, ginger and green chillies and onion.
5. To ground paste, add all seasonings, except oil and gram flour, along with chopped herbs.
6. Form the mixture into a smooth dough.
7. Break portions of the dough (size of a large lemon), form into a cutlet and roll in gram flour.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan.
9. Shallow fry cutlets, turning over once till golden brown.
10. Serve with pudina chutney or ketchup.
Jackfruit Cutlet Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Jackfruit Cutlet from Awesome Cuisine.