Fenugreek Leaves – 2 cups, chopped
Tuvar Dal – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind – 1 small ball
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Chana Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaf – 1 sprig
1. Boil dal with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, cool, mash and set aside.
2. Take out tamarind extract, add 2 cups of water.
3. To this add fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
4. Boil all together till it is reduced to less than half the quantity and the leaves are cooked.
5. Add mashed dal, mix, simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove.
6. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, urad dal, chana dal and curry leaf.
7. When done, pour into dal and mix.
8. Serve hot with rice.
Vendhaya Keerai Paruppu Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Vendhaya Keerai Paruppu from Awesome Cuisine.