Flat Fish Fillets – 4 medium, (plaice, sole or flounder about 115 gms each)
Garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp, ground
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Corinader – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Oil – 1 tblsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Tomato Wedges – to garnish
Lime Wedges – to garnish
Carrot – grated, to garnish
1. Line a flameproof dish or grill pan with foil. Rinse the fish fillets, pat dry and put them in the foil-lined dish or pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, coriander, oil and lemon juice.
3. Brush the fish fillets evenly all over with the spice mixture.
4. Preheat the grill to very hot, then lower the heat. Grill the fish for about 5 minutes, basting with the spice mixture until it is cooked.
5. Serve immediately with a garnish of tomato wedges, lime slices and grated carrot.