Lean Spring Lamb Chops – 6 small
Plain Low-Fat Yogurt – 2 tblsp
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Coriander – 2 tsp, ground
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 tsp, crushed
Garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Red Food Colourinng – few drops, optional
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp and few extra for basting
Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
1. Rinse the chops and pat dry. Trim off all excess fat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, tomato puree, ground coriander, ginger and garlic, chilli powder, food colouring, salt, oil and lemon juice.
3. Rub the spice mixture over the lamb chops and leave the chops to marinate in a cool place for atleast 3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 240C. Place the marinated chops in an ovenproof dish.
5. Using a brush, baste the chops with about 1 tsp oil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 180C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
6. Check that the chops are cooked and serve immediately.
7. Garnish with lime wedges, sliced onion and fresh coriander.