Tuvar (Toor) Dal – 1 cup
Garlic Flakes – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Onion – 1 medium sized
Tomato – 1 large
Green Chillies – 2
Curry Leaves – 8
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Heat 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Wash the dal and add it to the water.
2. Peel the garlic flakes and add them to the dal with the turmeric powder.
3. Add a few drops of oil and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
4. Wait for the cooker to cool before opening it.
5. Peel the onion.
6. Wash all the vegetables and chop all the vegetables and the coriander leaves.
7. Heat the rest of the oil in a kadai over moderate heat.
8. Add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and then the asafoetida.
9. When they start spluttering add the onion and green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
10. Mix in the tomato and fry for 1 minute.
11. Spoon the cooked dal into the kadai, sprinkle in the salt and allow it to boil for 5 minutes till it is thick.Stir and remove the kadai from the heat.
12. Add the chopped coriander leaves.
13. Transfer the dal to a serving bowl and serve it with cooked rice.
14. Serve with ghee.
Dal and Rice Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Dal and Rice from Awesome Cuisine.