Ready-to-Cook Chapatis – 8
Onion – 1 large
Tomato -1 large
Cauliflower – 1 large
Oil – 4 tblsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
1. Put a tawa on a moderate heat and when hot, put a chapati on it.
2. When the base is light brown turn it over and brown the other side.
3. Cook all the chapati’s in the same way.
4. Peel the onion and chop fine.
5. Chop the tomato fine.
6. Wash the cauliflower and soak it for 5 minutes in hot water.
7. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, removing and discarding the thick stems.
8. Boil plenty of water in a pan over high heat and add the cauliflower to the water.
9. Boil for 2 minutes and remove the pan from the heat. Drain out the water.
10. Heat the oil in a kadai over moderate heat.
11. Add the onion and fry, stirring frequently, till it turns golden brown.
12. Add the tomato and fry for 2 minutes until it becomes soft.
13. Mix in the chilli powder, tomato puree and ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
14. Sprinkle in the salt and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
15. Add the cauliflower and simmer till all the water has dried.
16. Mix in the coriander leaves and take the pan off the heat.
17. Lay a chapati flat and put 1 tblsp of fried cauliflower along one edge of the chapati and roll it.
18. Repeat this for all the chapatis.