Small Onions – 1 cup, peeled
Garlic – 7 flakes
Green Chillies – 3, slit lengthwise
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Mint Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Tomato Paste – 3/4 cup
Lemon – 1
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Curry Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Cinnamon – 2
Cloves – 2
Oil for frying
Salt as required
Sugar or Jaggery as per taste
Grind to smooth paste
Fresh Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Poppy Seeds – 1 tblsp (soaked in very hot water)
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dhania Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a deep curved pan, add cinnamon, cloves, slit green chillies, garlic and then onion.
2. Fry for few minutes, add ginger garlic paste.
3. Continue frying till onions become soft.
4. Add mint leaves and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Mix in tomato pulp and cook till thick.
6. Add ground paste, fry for few minutes, pour enough water, salt, sugar and cook till thick.
7. Garnish with coriander, curry leaves, squeeze lime and remove from fire.
8. Serve hot.
Tomato Mint Sambar Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Tomato Mint Sambar from Awesome Cuisine.