Cooking time: 11:30 mins.
2 tbsp rice
1 tsp yellow moong dal
1 tsp masoor dal
1 tbsp white bottle gourd (ghia) (peeled and grated)
1 tbsp carrot (grated)
½ onion (chopped)
1 tsp ghee / butter
1 ½ cup water
a pinch of asafoetida (heeng)
a pinch of salt
a pinch of roasted cumin seeds powder (jeera powder)
1. Wash dal and rice. Soak in water for 15 mins.
2. Microwave ghee at 100% power for 30 secs. in microwave safe bowl.
3. Add asafoetida, salt and chopped onion. Microwave at 100% power for 1 min.
4. Add chopped vegetables, soaked dal and rice to 1 ½ cup water. Microwave for 5 – 6 mins. at 100% power and then at 60% power for 5 mins.
5. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder.
6. Mix well and serve with fresh curd.
Tip: Any seasonal vegetable can be added to make it more nutritious.