Sugar – 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup
Whole eggs – 3
Egg yolks – 3
Whole milk – 3 cups
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Keep ready an ungreased 9″ round baking dish.
3. Carefully cook 1/2 cup of sugar over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring constantly until it is melted and turns golden and then very dark brown.
4. Immediately pour the hot caramel syrup into the baking dish and swirl the pan until it coats the bottom.
5. Please note the caramel will harden at this point and melt again later as the flan bakes.
6. Now whisk the eggs, egg yolks and the remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
7. Gradually add in the milk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
8. Pour this mixture into the baking dish on top of the hardened caramel syrup. Set the baking dish in a larger baking pan and fill the larger pan with hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
9. Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
10. Please note the center should be slightly soft, as the flan will finish cooking after it is removed from the oven.
11. Let it cool in the water bath, then remove baking dish from water bath and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or upto 8 hours.
12. Before serving, run a sharp knife around the edge of the flan to release it. Place a large serving plate over the baking dish and using both hands, invert the dish so that the flan and the liquid sauce unmold onto the platter. Refrigerate again until serving time.
Caramel Custard Pudding Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Caramel Custard Pudding from Awesome Cuisine.