Cooking time: 13:30 mins.
250 gms potatoes
1 tsp butter / oil
1 tbsp cornflour
7 – 8 garlic flakes (finely chopped)
1 spring onion (finely chopped)
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
a pinch of red edible colour
salt and black pepper powder (to taste)
1. Wash, peel and cut potatoes into long fingers.
2. Place these in a covered microwave safe bowl and steam at 100% power for 8 mins. Keep aside to cool.
3. In another microwave safe bowl microwave butter / oil at 100% power for 30 secs.
4. Add chopped garlic, onions and green chillies. Microwave at 100% power for 2 mins. Now add the steamed potatoes to it and mix.
5. Add cornflour (mixed in ½ cup cold water), soya sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, red colour, salt and pepper to the steamed potatoes. Microwave (covered) for 3 – 4 mins. at 100% power. Stir in between. Allow to stand for 5 mins and serve hot.