Chicken – 800 gms
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
Water as required
Butter/Ghee – 4 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Potato straws – as required, fried
Vegetables – as required, boiled
1. Make a smooth paste of garlic, ginger and green chillies.
2. Give fine incisions over the chicken and marinate with the paste and vinegar and keep for atleast 3 hours.
3. Now fry the marinated chicken in hot ghee or butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat for about 6 minutes or till they turn golden brown all over.
4. Now pour the water and salt as per taste and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook on low level for about 20 minutes or till all the water is evaporated and the fat appears. Continue to fry the chicken in this fat till it is crisp all over the out side.
5. Garnish with fried potato straws and boiled vegetables.
6. Serve with Cumin rice or plain white rice.
Add a little chilli powder while frying the chicken to make the dish spicier.