Chicken – 800 gms
Coriander leaves – 1 cup, finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 8 (or as per taste)
Ginger and garlic – 1 tbsp each, chopped
Onion – 2, medium sized and chopped
Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves – as required (finely chopped)
1. Make a smooth paste of all the ground ingredients with salt.
2. Give fine incision over the chicken pieces and marinate them with the masala paste for about an hour.
3. Lightly fry the chicken pieces in hot clarified butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat for about 12 minutes.
4. Now lid the pan and simmer at a lower heat for another 3 minutes or till the chicken pieces are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve with rice or roti.
The chicken pieces can be basted with the butter and cooked in a pre-heated oven instead of the above method.
Chicken Chops Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chicken Chops from Awesome Cuisine.